Another winter storm will hit the Northeast today, with more than a foot of snow expected in some areas. The governors of Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York declared states of emergency.
The main impact is expected in New York, areas of Pennsylvania, northwestern Connecticut and parts of Massachusetts.
The following alerts have been issued by ports in the Northeast:
Port of New York and New Jersey:
- RHCT Newark will close at 2PM and RHCT Brooklyn will close at 3PM on 03/07/18.
- SEA LINK TSC is closed as of 1PM today and will reopen on Friday Mar 9 at 0730.
- PNCT's gate will close at 2:00 PM on 03/07/18. Terminal will be closed tomorrow (3/8) and reopen at 6 AM on March 9th. Free time extended for boxes not in demurrage.
- With accumulation & freezing temps expected overnight, all PONYNJ container terminals will be CLOSED on Thursday, March 8, 2018 for clean-up.
- Due to deteriorating conditions from the winter storm, APMT will be shutting down gate operations at 1:00 PM on 03/07/18.
Port of Philadelphia:
- Main port offices are closed today, terminals operate on individual schedules
- Weather Report states “Snow...heavy at times. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected. Higher wind gusts possible.”
Port of Boston:
Port of Norfolk:Port of Baltimore:
In addition, the storm will impact flight operations and possibly cause airport closures.
Delays in cargo handling in ports and airport are to be expected.